Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Taking one for the team

This morning we had our monthly company meeting. As my loyal readers know, my company sometimes does weird things. You may remember craft day.

There is an incentive for the month of January where they hang a $1 in the hallway for every 100 products we sell this month. Right now it's at about $300. If we meet our goal, it will be $1300.

What will they DO with all this money, you ask? They're renting a cash machine that you step into, akin to Bubble Boy, that blows the money around. Usually such incentives are limited to the sales force, of which I am not a member. But they announced this morning that everyone will get a turn in the booth.

And then they asked for 12 volunteers who were willing to "take one for the team" to add another $200 to the pot. The 12 volunteers lined up (my boss organizes these things, so I learned long ago to stay put) and they brought out twelve glasses. And a dozen raw eggs.

That's right, folks. My fellow colleagues were lined up and goaded to "take one for the team" by swallowing a raw egg.

Do I work at a frat house? I do not.

Out of five women and seven men only one guy refused to do it. And so my boss drank egg twice.

Hope we still make our goal with half the office out with salmonella.

Next month's challenge: goat's blood!

9 Comments:

At Wed Jan 05, 12:16:00 PM, Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

THANKYOUSIRMAYIHAVEANOTHER!?

 
At Wed Jan 05, 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Lawyer Guy said...

Umm...well....I guess as long as they don't start elephantwalking cherries..... ;)

 
At Wed Jan 05, 12:58:00 PM, Blogger The Pink Kitty said...

What kind of company do you work for? I want to work there! Well, I mostly want to go in the money booth.

 
At Wed Jan 05, 01:29:00 PM, Blogger Lexagirl said...

Wow - that is very Fear Factoresque...

 
At Wed Jan 05, 03:06:00 PM, Blogger Windigo said...

Toga! Toga!

Raw eggs, yum. Kind of wish I worked there, I'd be the guy printing out the dangers of uncooked eggs afterwards and taping it to everyone's monitor at lunch. Nothing more fun than making co-workers think they'll be dead by the end of the day.

 
At Wed Jan 05, 07:24:00 PM, Blogger Christie Mae said...

Gross.

 
At Wed Jan 05, 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Plantation said...

Time to polish up the resume.

 
At Thu Jan 06, 07:38:00 AM, Blogger deanne said...

You know all I can think of is the company that Ally McBeal used to work at!

I bet you guys have co-ed bathrooms too! (I could never use the bathroom at work, if we had them here. Never)

 
At Sat Mar 17, 04:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home