Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Self Evaluation

I'll have my annual review on Friday. The boss has requested that I turn in my self-evaluation this afternoon. He first e-mailed me about it on Monday, and it would seem that three days is enough time to check the acceptable amount of "Very Good" boxes, one or two "Outstanding" boxes and a token "Good" box, just for good measure.

But I haven't even begun to fill it out. If only there were a "Check here if you're fabulous" box. That would make the entire process a whole lot easier.

My reviews always fill me with anxiety. Not because I think I'm a poor employee (case in point, I TOTALLY chose my job over blogging this summer) but rather because my boss has an awful tendency to drag up months-old issues around review time. And more often than not, they are things that I had NO IDEA he was unhappy about, because he didn't address them when they happened.

That'll definitely be in the supervisor review this time around.

This is the first time that I've been asked to submit my self-evaluation prior to meeting for the review. We usually just get together and compare notes. Apparently, turning it in ahead of time is due process in many working environments. So I don't know why it has me all worked up.

I worry that if I rank myself lower than he would have ranked me, it may influence his evaluation of me negatively. Consequently, I feel far less objective filling it out knowing it will be turned in ahead of time.

M1 was shocked that I tried to be objective at all. He looks at the self-evaluation as a way to sell yourself to the boss/company all over again, just like an interview.

So maybe I'll try that approach. But I'll draw the line at donning hose and heels.

6 Comments:

At Wed Sep 28, 04:02:00 PM, Blogger darth said...

i agree with M1...there are probably a couple things that you could bring up that both you and your boss might agree need work on..but in general, i'd tout my positives and accomplishments as much as possible as positively as possible..uh, without the heels.

 
At Sat Apr 01, 02:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What THE HECK ...astrology How Would You want to find something you are looking for, Find someone...astrology can work if you want it to ...

 
At Thu Jul 20, 11:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do You want to find out more about self motivation tips...then go to http://possibility123.com/self-motivation-tips.html..

Dont wait

 
At Thu Feb 22, 08:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Poem asians E cards love flash adult vagina stories jenna jameson at her best Proactiv together retin a Free for real sex cams cellulite jeans miss reducing sixty Video card fourm naughty novice nun erotic schoolboy stories

 
At Sat Mar 03, 02:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. software store Restaurant dishwasher racks colorado bmw club

 
At Fri Mar 16, 08:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home