Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I may as well be dead

I realize that I am posting so infrequently that I may as well be dead. There are so many changes, all positive, occurring with my little family-owned company .... well, I just have a lot more work to do than I did at this time last year. And that leaves for a lot less time slacking off. Here are the highlights:

THING ONE: I was rear-ended last week. One week after chickeepoo co-worker backed up into me in the parking lot. That makes the eighth time this car has been hit in the four years I've owned it. Only once was I at fault. Three times it was parked and I wasn't even in it. Twice, I was at a complete stop. WTF?

THING TWO: LISBF's 16-year-old son was involved in a head-on collision where an old woman jumped the median and crossed into his lane. She didn't die, but was covered in blood. Both cars were totaled. Scary.

THING THREE: Lil' Sis had some car trouble of her own. A 16-year-old drunk kid stole a car and lead police on a chase through town that ended when he turned a corner and smacked into her car. Yikes. Karma ... I got the message! Now lay off!

THING FOUR: My campaign to not turn on the heat until November has been successful thus far. We're keeping warm with space heaters, blankets and kittens ... but LISBF is looking forward to Tuesday ...

THING FIVE: M2 and I have a deli place where we go to lunch every Saturday. It's a small joint, so sometimes they are closed due to high demands in catering. Or last weekend, they were closed for volleyball sectionals. Anyway, they have a billion sandwiches all named silly things (Avocado Deal For You, Turkey in the Straw, A Legitimate Beef) well ... one is named the Mooscow (I think it has Russian dressing). Which is not quite Moocow. But very close.

9 Comments:

At Tue Oct 25, 03:20:00 PM, Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

Yikes. You- no more cars until 2006. Just stay away.

 
At Tue Oct 25, 07:28:00 PM, Blogger MooCow said...

When you do decide to get a new car, I would suggest one of these

 
At Wed Oct 26, 03:20:00 AM, Blogger deanne said...

Maybe you're cursed vehicularly - I think it's time you started taking public transport!

Keeping warm with space heaters, blankets and kittens - I just have this image of a couple lying in bed with hundreds of kittens sleeping on top of them.

 
At Wed Oct 26, 05:29:00 AM, Blogger Windigo said...

I'm with Moocow on your next car choice, unless they have some kind of sale on used tanks. Or you could get monster truck tires on your current car, then everyone would just bounce off.

 
At Wed Oct 26, 01:58:00 PM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

Reading this makes me all the happier I live in NYC and driving is jkept to an absolute bare minimum.

 
At Wed Feb 14, 10:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! 1984 honda aspencade Microsoft office training s Boating directions long island sound Super smash tv http://www.attorney-fee-schedule-patents-trademarks.info/Insurance1.html Ativan generic Art gallery display furniture Phentermine+cheap projectors weigh five star timeshare resales inc Camping tampa fl amateur photos John basilone timeshare ativan and withdrawal Hospital management courses in My boobs are too small land rover extras including land rover tyres part Antidepressant bug eyes eagle's nest timeshare resort marco island building maintenence management schools new york city

 
At Wed Feb 21, 06:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

 
At Fri Feb 23, 05:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yahoo music

 
At Tue Mar 06, 02:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home