Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Oh, that Karma

One of the things I love about Earl, is how he refers to "Karma," as if she's a person. I actually roomed with a Karma in college. She was bitch. And so is karma.

Today has been a strange, strange day. The most recent of the strange occurrences was when a perfectly sweet and nice co-worker that I don't interact with all that much, came into my office this afternoon.

And burst into tears.

Between gasps, she told me that she had ran into my car in the parking lot. She felt terrible. She was so sorry.

And I said, it's okay. I've done that too.

At my last job, I backed into a friend's car in the parking lot. And I remember the sinking feeling of dread as I approached his office. Unfortunately, he shared an office with two other men, so they all saw me weeping as I mimed "backed. into. car." Thankfully, the friend moved to Washington DC earlier this fall, so I no longer have to be introduced as "LCN, the friend that backed into my car."

I plan to get an estimate in the morning. The damage is to the driver side rear door, back panel and bumper, so it will likely be more than they're wanting to pay out of pocket. The body shop guy will be glad to see me, it's been so long since my car's needed some work done.

Really, she couldn't have hit it in a better place. The driver side rear door is the door with a 3-inch ding/scrape that mysteriously appeared one night in M1's parking lot. It was an eyesore on my otherwise beautiful car. Now, I can get it fixed.

I just hope she doesn't stress about it too much. Her husband will likely be more upset with her than I am. Cause I know what she feels like. And I'll know better than to hold it over her for the next several years.

5 Comments:

At Thu Oct 13, 10:14:00 AM, Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

Could you get her to back into my car? I have 2 doors, an engine, and 2 bumpers that I'd like to replace.

 
At Fri Oct 14, 02:22:00 PM, Blogger FreedomGirl said...

Karma's a bitch and so is spam.

 
At Fri Oct 14, 05:20:00 PM, Blogger Windigo said...

My car's paint has baked off (Yay Honda!), and though it's been in a few accidents and fixed well, I could use another fender bender about now so I can afford a newer car.

E-mail me and I'll send a map that you can forward to your resident denter :)

 
At Wed Oct 19, 01:51:00 PM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

Easrl is the best damn show to come on Network TV is some time. It was hilarious last night.

Sorry about the car. I've done that and had it happen tome too. C'est la vie.

 
At Tue Oct 25, 10:57:00 AM, Anonymous circe said...

I've had parking lot mishaps myself. But a student ran into me and her parents got all snotty on the phone. Um, whose fault was this again?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home