Monday, October 31, 2005

The time I called my co-worker a slut ... in front of everybody

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. The other one is Easter.

I always dress up, even to work. Luckily for me, we hardly have clients come into the office, so it's no big deal. This year, a few other people dressed up, too. The president is in cammo, with cammo tattoo things on his face. The HR director is a redneck, with a mullet, trucker hat and Miller jacket. And two hottie smallish girls, who are both very nice, are dressed up like go-go girls in hot white go-go boots and funky dresses. Boring rep is wearing her husband's car maintenance shirt and jeans. And I'm Roman nobility. It's a palla, stola and bulla that I made for Latin class in junior high. I was afraid it would no longer fit, but the thing is a tent. I accessorized with some laurels in my hair from the craft store and a snake arm band.

So we're supposed to have a costume contest this morning. And, of course, I don't approve of costume contests because losers never win. The popular kids win. So, everybody meets in the central room (the same room where we have craft day, which has been scheduled for Dec. 2) to look at those of us in costume. It was like being at a zoo. The ones in costume on one side, and everybody else at the other end of the room looking at us.

My boss is taking pictures of all the costumed people so that he can send around an e-mail voting system. Much preferable to the president's system. Where he said, "Okay everybody in favor of LCN, say aye." And no one said anything. And then someone said, we should do it over e-mail. Great idea!

SO ... the group is breaking up and people are starting to leave. And high school girl (which is actually how I refer to her in real life. Because when we were on the product development committee, she started every sentence with "I know I didn't go to college, but...") says to my boss, "I'll have to e-mail you my costume from Friday night so people can vote on that!"

LCN: Nuh-uh. You didn't wear it into work, it doesn't count.

HSG (Squealing that annoying popular girl squeak): I can't wear it into WORK! The shorts were up to here! (She points to her ass crack.)

LCN: Um, no just because you're a slut whose costume is to trashy to wear into work doesn't give you special consideration.

I can probably look forward to a talking to sometime in the day.

15 Comments:

At Mon Oct 31, 10:17:00 AM, Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

Well, at least you didn't call her a slut.

No, wait. You did.

You're screwed.

 
At Mon Oct 31, 12:38:00 PM, Blogger darth said...

can i get on the email list to vote?

 
At Mon Oct 31, 04:37:00 PM, Blogger Justin24601 said...

Call a spade a spade, honey.

 
At Wed Nov 02, 05:50:00 AM, Blogger Windigo said...

heh.

Yeah, I remember reading about this type of thing in the "Don't Call Your Co-Workers Sluts" chapter in our business ethics class last year. But you know, sometimes you've just gotta.

 
At Wed Nov 02, 03:12:00 PM, Blogger La Chat Noir said...

Egads! I used the wrong version of "whose" and none of you bitches pointed it out to me! Where's PLD when I need her?

 
At Thu Nov 03, 01:29:00 AM, Blogger FreedomGirl said...

Anyone that squeals and points at her ass crack is a slut....If you don't believe me look here.

 
At Sun Nov 06, 04:00:00 AM, Blogger Plantation said...

Been awhile. You did the right thing. Ciao.

 
At Tue Nov 08, 03:18:00 PM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

"Jane you ignorant Slut"

 
At Tue Nov 08, 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

ha ha - I never point out others' copy errors. Too bitchy. :)

 
At Sat Nov 12, 12:19:00 PM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

You never visit me anymore : (

 
At Mon Nov 14, 04:20:00 PM, Blogger La Chat Noir said...

Phoenix ... I never visit ANYONE anymore! I hardly visit myself! I'm just so busy at work, which is good. I will TRY to be better ... promise!

 
At Fri Feb 23, 03:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

 
At Wed Mar 14, 11:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. here

 
At Tue Apr 10, 03:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

 
At Wed Apr 11, 06:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home